nmn0404

Can I deduct fees for my license renewal as a Physical Therapist?

EricG1

Yes, you can deduct license fees for improving/maintaining/renewing your trade.  You can deduct the class fee since the class is for the same trade.

You can enter the fees for license under Professional, the class fee can be entered under Other Expenses... where you put your own description and an amount.  

Notes:  

• To be deductible, your expenses must be for education that either maintains or improves your job skills, or is required by your employer or by law to keep your salary, status or job. Expenses to learn a new trade or job aren't deductible. 
  • As self employed- they are your business expenses; as an employee, they are your Job-related expenses in TurboTax.

EricG1

Notes: