damien-a-perry

Can I claim my job related expenses for Alabama since I cannot claim them for federal?

Either I read your question wrong or you changed it.  Yes you might be able to use deductions on your state return.  So you still should enter them.

All job expenses have been suspended by the IRS.  See Deductions that have been suspended for 2018-2025

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-reform/help/which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-b...

Come back and read my post again.  I changed it.

damien-a-perry

I found the info about federal, I’m trying to determine if it’s ok to claim them for Alabama. There is a generic slot for miscellaneous deductions, but I don’t know enough about Alabama tax law to be sure that I’m allowed to claim my job expenses (specifically tools, I’m a mechanic)