• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbs106

As an independent contractor, is my "Business Address" where I worked from (my home office)? Or the location of the business I worked for?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MaryK1
Level 9

As an independent contractor, is my "Business Address" where I worked from (my home office)? Or the location of the business I worked for?

Your business address would be your home address if that is where you did the work from.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MaryK1
Level 9

Your business address would be your home address if that is where you did the work from.

View solution in original post

Shayla2827

And if the work was performed at other houses? (E.g. tutoring, door to door sales, etc.)

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Use your home office address anyway - this is really to let the IRS know where your business (i.e., you) can be contacted.

JoseMDP

What if I work for one of those apps (Shipt, Instacart, Uber, Postmate, etc) as an Independent Contract.

Should I use their headquarters address (Out of state) or my home address???

xmasbaby0
Level 15

@JoseMDP Use your own home address.  You are not an employee.  You are an independent contractor doing self-employment work for Shipt, Uber, etc.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JoseMDP

Thank you !!!!

xmasbaby0
Level 15

You are welcome.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v