Solved: As a Statutory Emp, no medical insurance, can I deduct the additional my wife has to pay to include me on her employer sponsored policy?

jafricker

As a Statutory Emp, no medical insurance, can I deduct the additional my wife has to pay to include me on her employer sponsored policy?

I am a statutory employee and my company does not offer Medical Insurance. My wife has an employee sponsored policy but had to pay a significant amount to add me to her policy. Can I deduct that amount on my Schedule C?

DawnC0

Unfortunately, no.  If you or your spouse could participate (even if you declined coverage) in an employer's health plan at any time during a given month, you cannot take the deduction for that month. However, payments for those months are deductible on Schedule A if you itemize deductions and the premiums were paid with post-tax funds.

Deducting Health Insurance Premiums If You're Self-Employed

DawnC0