turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2019 1098T

I try to enter my 2019 1098T tuition expenses and it does not recognize them.  It does recognize the scholarship amounts but says these are taxable when they are less than the tuition

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

2019 1098T

This is a known issue. Check back in a few days. Do an update if you have the desktop version.  In any event, the IRS will not process returns until January 27. 

2019 1098T

As of Jan 29, 2020 providing info from the 1098T is not being prompted in TT as it should.

The Jump To function does not work. 

When will the fix be available?????

2019 1098T

To enter your Form 1098-T information (even when TurboTax thinks it has already been entered and is showing $0), go through the entire education expenses section of your return until you reach the screen titled “Your Education Expenses Summary”, then follow these steps:

Click Edit next to the student name. On the screen titled “Here’s your Education Summary”, click Edit beside Tuition. Enter the information from your Form 1098-T.

2019 1098T

Your solution does not work. I had to DELETE my student to get the 1098T entry options to be revealed again. Unfortunately, this deleted ALL my student's info so I also had to re-enter the 1099Q.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies