Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A Information entry into Turbo Tax Desktop

My 1095-A  form I received only has information in column A. Both column B and C show Zeros.  I looked up the Second lowest cost prem. information and entered it in column B.  What do I need to enter in column C.  Do I need to calculate the amount or leave column C zero.  My Column A amount is larger than Column B amount.  If I leave Column C amount at Zero or if I use the calculated difference between Col. A and B Turbo Tax generated a very large increase in my refund of aprox. $5000.00.  Yet when I get to the screen showing my Premium Credit it only shows my credit to only be $900.  My total annual income is from an IRA and was $15,000 for 2023. Can this be correct. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

1095-A Information entry into Turbo Tax Desktop

Yes, that could be correct.  If your total income was $15,000, then you would be just above 100% of poverty level which means you would be eligible for Premium Tax Credits.  

If you did not receive any Advanced Premium Tax Credits, then you will leave Column C blank.  Do not enter 0 as this will trigger an error on your return.  If you did receive the Advance Premium Tax Credit, then you will need to contact the marketplace to get a corrected 1095-A showing what you did receive.  If you received it, you would not have paid the amount in Column A every month, you would have paid less. 

Also, if you can be claimed as a dependent, this would change your ability to claim the credit.  So, if you are a dependent, be sure you go back to the personal info section and put a check mark in the box that says you can be claimed by someone else on a return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies