turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yipsinyau

I live in Hong Kong and I worked in Walt Disney in Florida last summer. When I am filling in the form, should I choose Florida as my state or Foreign?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I live in Hong Kong and I worked in Walt Disney in Florida last summer. When I am filling in the form, should I choose Florida as my state or Foreign?

You likely were here in a J-1 visa. You need to file a Form 1040-NR, which TT does not support. Go here:

https://www.sprintax.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You likely were here in a J-1 visa. You need to file a Form 1040-NR, which TT does not support. Go here:

https://www.sprintax.com/

jtax
Level 10

You should list your current address (Hong Kong/Foreign country). Right after you do that TT will ask you if you lived in a state and, if so, when you moved back to the foreign country. Then it will help you figure out if you need to file a state return. Since Florida does not have a state income tax you probably won't have to file a state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies