turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello! This is my first time filing taxes in the state of Illinois - I still have my Florida drivers license, and I do not have an Illinois ID. Do I need to do anything?

Do I need to get an Illinois state ID?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomD8
Level 15

Hello! This is my first time filing taxes in the state of Illinois - I still have my Florida drivers license, and I do not have an Illinois ID. Do I need to do anything?

You need to get an Illinois drivers license or State ID if you want to e-file your return.  You don't need either if you print and mail your Illinois return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

You need to get an Illinois drivers license or State ID if you want to e-file your return.  You don't need either if you print and mail your Illinois return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
ldoty40

Question, If i have lived in Illinois for 9 months and have an Illinois mailing address but have a Florida ID, why do i have to mail my taxes in? Thank You

The state of IL is very picky about its e-filing rules.   If you do not have a valid IL state ID or valid IL drivers license you will not be able to e-file a tax return in IL.  You can print, sign and mail it in.  And....if you are going to live in IL for a long time, you need to get an IL ID or driver's license.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

https://www.ilsos.gov/departments/drivers/drivers_license/home.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies