turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can only seem to find a way to enter 2 different states for where I lived. What do I do if I lived in 3 states over the course of last year?

I earned income only in the first two states.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I can only seem to find a way to enter 2 different states for where I lived. What do I do if I lived in 3 states over the course of last year?

Yes, you can add the 3rd state on your return. If you lived in multiple states and earned income from each state in 2017. Normally, you would file part-year return for each state. Depending on the state you were living, some states does not require a state tax return.

Here are the steps to add an additional state on your return.

1. Start from Tax Home page of your TurboTax online
  2. Click on Take me to my return
  3. Click on the left side State tab
  4. Click on Continue
  5. At the bottom left, click on Add Another State (see attached screenshot page file)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can add the 3rd state on your return. If you lived in multiple states and earned income from each state in 2017. Normally, you would file part-year return for each state. Depending on the state you were living, some states does not require a state tax return.

Here are the steps to add an additional state on your return.

1. Start from Tax Home page of your TurboTax online
  2. Click on Take me to my return
  3. Click on the left side State tab
  4. Click on Continue
  5. At the bottom left, click on Add Another State (see attached screenshot page file)
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies