Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mccpino02

Urgently need to know if efile of federal tax with installment request takes partial payment - this morning when i called your support person said yes - need confirmation

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Urgently need to know if efile of federal tax with installment request takes partial payment - this morning when i called your support person said yes - need confirmation

Yes, the installment agreement allows for partial payment. 

mccpino02

so that means the partial payment will be direct debited then now that efile was accepted by IRS?

Yes, the partial payment in your installment is what will be debited
mccpino02

Thank you for your prompt answer! but please note that all the confusion is due to the printing option to save a copy, it prints a page that indicates that the partial payment is to be "mailed" to the IRS with form 1040V. This let me to believe the partial payment had to be mailed and I would have missed the due date!  May want to suggest a change in wording/instructions to the software developers.
mccpino02

Thank you for your prompt answer! but please note that all the confusion is due to the printing option to save a copy, it prints a page that indicates that the partial payment is to be "mailed" to the IRS with form 1040V. This let me to believe the partial payment had to be mailed and I would have missed the due date!  May want to suggest a change in wording/instructions to the software developers.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies