I received 2 W-2's from the same employer. One had federal information with state (North Carolina) where I am a nonresident working. The other W-2 had state (Michigan).

TurboTax is telling me I can't e-file because one of the W-2's has no information in box 1. Is there a way around this? Can I enter the information from the two W-2's as one W-2 with 2 states? The notes section on the Michigan W-2 states Federal info available on other W-2.

Yes....delete the W-2 form you entered with no box 1 $$.

Edit the full one with NC already on it, and add a new line for boxes 15-thru -17.  You'll see a blue text underneath the one already there to "Add Another Row".

_____________________________________

Normally, when working for a single employer, all the separate states are enters on the same software W-2 form.  The only reason they give you separate state sheets is ...just in case you mail-file the states, you have state w-2 forms in-hand to send in along with each state's forms.