Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Won't Connect to Store to Pay for E-File

I am trying to e-file my federal and California returns.  TurboTax sends me to a screen to complete my purchase.  I click the Complete button to be sent to online store to pay the $20.  I click it and nothing happens.  I close it.  Then start over.  I click "We can help you there" after the phrase Having trouble with your purchase or internet connection.  Nothing happens when I click that either.  I'm stuck.  Only option is to not e-file (which I don't want to do).  Does anyone have any thoughts about how to get around this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I am having the same issue, Need to pay state processing fee, directs to turbo store to pay, but freezes and will not go there.  I then tried using the deduct from tax return option, which uses a third party and cost additional $60, feel like I am getting scamed.

I ended up finding the solution. Don’t ask me why it works but it does. Go into your display settings and change from current (probably something like 1920 x 1200) to lower (maybe 1024 x 768 or a little higher). This has something to do with how TT is working with new computers. I got mine in December 2020. Hope this helps. 

Thanks 

I found another solution, probably has the same effect. I simple change screen from 125% to 100%

tamontana

Thank you, this worked!

Same for me. 100% screen setting solved the problem. You would think Turbotax customer support would know to tell people to try that by now!

rm2022
Returning Member

I had to bite the bullet and pay an extra $40 as well. otherwise, I would still be waiting. It used to be easy, but not anymore.

I tried but still unable to pay

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We would like to look into this further. Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @jqjyjohnma

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sfriedla1

Me too.  Last year's version so much better and easier.  Last year it got you to the credit card payment screen and was simple.  This year, I can't get there.  It goes in circles.  The navigation and user experience is terrible.  You ruined it.

sfriedla1

The reason it worked is because once the screen resolution was decreased, one could see the continue button on the address verification screen. Previously, one could not see that continue button. Once I hit the continue button after the address confirmation screen I was able to pay with my credit card. Thank you so much for the solution, it worked. Let’s see if into it actually reads this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies