Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wisconsin 2020 SB and Medical Worksheet

Just did the updates to the Wisconsin forms SB. On the Wisconsin Schedule SB , Medical Worksheet Line 2-Under worksheet Others, It is not including the Medicare Premiums I paid for the year. It is only including the supplement insurance we paid. On line 2 (with a * on the worksheet at the very end) it says to include Medicare Premiums which it is not. The only amount that carries over to Form 1 line 6 is the supplement payments. Last year it deducted all medical insurance we paid.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am having the same problem.  Medicare premiums are not included in total medical insurance.

This seems to be the result of a programming error in the Turbotax algorithm that produces Schedule SB.  However, it can be fixed manually by going to the Wisconsin Income section and editing Medical Care Insurance.  Just enter the correct total amount (including Medicare premium) to override the number generated by Turbotax.

Yes, I agree that it is a programming error but, this needs to be fixed by Intuit so all the other people that use this and don't catch the error don't get screwed out of money they are due.  This is fine for the few that read this, but the program needs to be repaired for all others.

I agree.  That’s why I had a long call with the TurboTax helpline on January 31 to completely explain the problem, and FWIW, volunteered that the programming required correction.  But in the meantime, it is possible to “fix” it on one’s own return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies