Why is the state/local income tax deduction more than my state sales tax deduction when WA state does not have any income tax? How does TT calculate these numbers?

Did you enter any property tax for your home?

Yes.  But property tax is not income tax, is it?

Property tax counts towards the $10,000 limit for the deduction of state and local taxes

So on the Review, TT asks me to enter Sales Tax Rate -1, instead of 6.5% for WA.  Should I enter 6.5 instead of 1?

Thanks!

If your sales tax rate is 6.5% then enter that.

ok.  thanks!!

Please see the section explaining SALT --state and local taxes

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return