Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does CA process my turbotax efile slower than mailing a return?

I sent 2 CA state tax returns at the same time.  The first was by mail.  The second was by paying the Turboxtax efile fee and efiling.  One month later, the mailed return was processed and the refund received.  One month later, after checking the CA state return status, it said that it takes a month to process the efiled return.  I then received a notice saying I need to mail my W-2, 1099 and paycheck stub and other documentation.  If it takes one month when I efile, I should save my $20 and just mail it!  Anyone else have this experience?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Each return is different.  I efiled my Federal and CA return on a Sunday 10am.  I got the state refund that WEDNESDAY!!  3 days.  Federal refund came on that Friday.  Never been that fast before.  

Thanks!   Sounds like it is just luck of the draw.

(( I sure hope those two tax returns were for entirely different people ))

IF filing both spouses as MFS,  one by paper-mail and one as an e-file,  then there might have been questions regarding reporting income as a Community Property state.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies