Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I edit "schedule b" of my 1099 INT? Somehow the wrong state is put in my address of it.

TurboTax stated I need a zip code fix in my federal section before I can file. They show a form that appears to be auto completed the zip code is fine but they put the wrong state in my address. Tried tapping the state box on the preview but it won't let me. Only thing tapable is the zip code. Tried checking 1099 INT section but there is no schedule b option to edit. The only thing stopping me from filing is that error.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Where can I edit "schedule b" of my 1099 INT? Somehow the wrong state is put in my address of it.

Delete your Form 1099-INT and type it in yourself. You will not have to enter any address information if you type it in.

Here's how to enter a Form 1099-INT in TurboTax:

1. Type interest in Search in the upper right
  2. Select Jump to interest
  3. Say YES to Did you have investment income in 2022?
  4. Continue past Get ready to be impressed
  5. On Let’s import your tax info go to the bottom and select Enter a different way
  6. On OK, let's start with one investment type, select Interest, then Continue
  7. On How do you want to enter your 1099-INT, select Type it in myself
  8. On Let’s get the info from your 1099-INT enter your interest info
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

The information on Schedule B is populated by TurboTax from the entries you enter or import in the Form 1099-INT section.

Check the entries in that section to see if there is a zip code entered that doesn't match the state entered.

See the discussion in this thread for more examples and options. It may be that the program is looking for the "plus four" zip code instead of just the 5-digit code.

See this tax tips article for more information from TurboTax regarding Form 1099-INT.

@MonikaK1Yes but there not giving me access to the whole form. They put the wrong state in the recipient address. Won't there be a filing issue if I put the zip code of my state with the wrong state entered on that form?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Delete your Form 1099-INT and type it in yourself. You will not have to enter any address information if you type it in.

Here's how to enter a Form 1099-INT in TurboTax:

1. Type interest in Search in the upper right
  2. Select Jump to interest
  3. Say YES to Did you have investment income in 2022?
  4. Continue past Get ready to be impressed
  5. On Let’s import your tax info go to the bottom and select Enter a different way
  6. On OK, let's start with one investment type, select Interest, then Continue
  7. On How do you want to enter your 1099-INT, select Type it in myself
  8. On Let’s get the info from your 1099-INT enter your interest info

@ErnieS0  That did the trick. Thank you.

I checked with the bank to see if it had anything to do with the EIN number the app scanned. They said it was reading the right state on my address. So it's definitely the scan mode that caused the problem. Not using that feature again...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies