Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kricau12
Returning Member

When i fill out my state solar energy credit, I am only seeing a credit of 581, It should be 25% of cost which was 42k and across multiple years same as fed. whats wrong?

when filling federal, we will recieve 10,500 accross years since there is a cap for each year. I was told this before by salesman and was also told to expect the same for state filing. I filed state and it didnt show me the 10k amount and that it would be carried across to next year but instead only says I get a credit of 581? What has been done wrong in the situation? I only purchased the panels for the credits.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When i fill out my state solar energy credit, I am only seeing a credit of 581, It should be 25% of cost which was 42k and across multiple years same as fed. whats wrong?

Which state?

kricau12
Returning Member

South Carolina, I believe the 581 may be reaching some sort of cap. WHen i changed the amount from 42k to 4k, the amount changed down. I then upped it to 10k and it hit the 581 value as it does with the 42k and 400k. I am just unsure on why and want to make sure if this is the case, the rest will carry forward that I am supposed to recieve. Thankyou for your time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies