What do I do when it requires a state for local ta...

haileyquig

What do I do when it requires a state for local taxes portion but it won't allow washington to be selected as there isn't state income tax?

Local taxes under Associated state drop down does not allow washington state as an option as there is no state income tax but it is requiring it to be filled to continue

WA does not have an income tax. Leave W2 boxes 15-17 Blank.  And probably 18-20 too. 

Hal_Al

Box 19 and 20 (for WA residents) is only needed if you itemize deductions on the  federal return. If you don't itemize, leave boxes 15-20 blank at the W-2 screen. 

There's currently a glitch in TT and we don't know when it's gonna be fixed.  WA should be there.  If you do itemize and it won't let you proceed without putting something in box 20, put any state in.