Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to Print and File South Carolina Forms

My taxes are done. I e-filed Federal. I tried to print South Carolina State tax forms to mail in and Desktop Turbo Tax 2021 says SC forms aren't ready. When I select notify me when forms are ready, the TurboTax website there are no missing forms. So, what's the problem TurboTax? If there are no missing SC forms, why can't I print and file my taxes? Is there  software glitch that needs to be addressed? I have updated my desktop TT software and there are no more updates to install - it is up-to-date. I have restarted the program- it made no difference. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Most of the South Carolina state tax forms are not yet finalized and available for printing.  They are estimated to be finalized and available on 02/10/2022.

Go to this TurboTax website for South Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_sc_online_individual.html

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Most of the South Carolina state tax forms are not yet finalized and available for printing.  They are estimated to be finalized and available on 02/10/2022.

Go to this TurboTax website for South Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_sc_online_individual.html

I am having difficulty also filing my SC state return. My bank routing number as well as my account number will not stay entered into the system. I know the information is correct. I kept getting the message 'Routing and account numbers needed'. I have tried more than one bank account, but the message keeps looping in the final review. I started completely over with my return, but the message prevents me from finalizing my returns. Is there a glitch in the system?

Thank you! It would be nice if the TurboTax software took you to the page to show you what forms are delayed and the expected date. I could not find any information easily myself.

@fuzzy1nb wrote:

Thank you! It would be nice if the TurboTax software took you to the page to show you what forms are delayed and the expected date. I could not find any information easily myself.

In the Review section of the TurboTax program there should be a list of forms and/or schedules included in your tax return that have not yet been finalized and the date when they will be available.

Turbo Tax says SC State tax online tells me SC forms not ready.  I went to the site TT posted and it says they are ready, now what?

btw...it says the forms are available to E-file can be completed, but you can't print until 2/10/222.  I just want to file, I can print later.  Please advise

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@bigbarthy

As stated, by @DoninGA many SC forms are not available for print yet.  February 10 was date scheduled for this issue to be fixed.  It is not as simple as it seems  to fix this issue because once SC has finalized and released the forms then TurboTax will have to incorporate them into the system so that you can successfully e-file and print your return.  In your case Print your return.

It does not seem that you need to upgrade your system.  When the printing is available, you will be able to log into your return and print them.  Please check back often to see if printing is available.

[Edited 2-11-2022 9:20AM PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It takes me all the way to where says ready to efile. A box shows up and says SC tax form are not ready; you can preview but cannot be filed with the state.  This whole process is a joke

tliferi
Returning Member

I've been experiencing the same issue. I submitted my Federal return and waited for the state forms to be "ready".

The fix I found today was to delete your state entry (i.e. go to the State tab of your return. On the "Status of your state returns" page, delete the South Carolina entry by clicking the trash can icon.). Then add the state return  back again for SC. All the info from the federal tax return will auto populate. It will allow you to pay for the SC state return and submit the return successfully. Hope that helps!!!

After getting the latest update on SC forms, I still cannot e-file. It fails to accept the routing and account number just like before. Yes, I have removed and installed the SC form over and over, restarted, changed the form directly, etc.  Is this ever going to be fixed?

Mine is still doing this routing/account number thing after the latest updates, plus removing and installing the SC for again.

I've been fighting the same issue as you, and also have yet to find resolution.  TurboTax is a joke - their "customer service" is non-existant, and practically none of their online help is current.

It's February 10th, and I still cannot file the SC state return.  What is the new lie DoninGA?

This is for 2021 taxes - - - you most certainly cannot file SC state.  My federal and one other state I worked in are already filed and accepted, but as of 60 seconds ago I still cannot efile South Carolina.  Please post accurate information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies