Wow....in the Online" software..looks like a bug..I'll report it and look for a workaround..
I reported as a bug.
The Q is asked if you were putting in the Spouse from scratch. But not in a later edit. so here's what works...
1) Log in, and "Continue" into your tax return, so that you are inside it somewhere.
2) Go to the left-side menu and click on "Tax Tools" then "Tools".
3) From the Popup menu click on the link for "Delete a Form".
4) Find the "Personal Worksheet" for the person in question...then select "Delete" for that one.
5) scroll to the bottom and hit the button to "Continue my return"
6) When you are back in, you'll have to re-enter that spouse on the My Info page and then be able to indicate that he/she is in the military, and also select their state of residence (HOR/SLR....remember, not necessarily where you are posted).
IF you had already entered some W-2 forms, you may have to delete the spouse's, and re-enter it. Make sure all other income entered prior to the change is assigned to the correct person...or to you both.
Should work properly today for both spouses...looks like they fixed the individual followup Questions overnight no matter which spouse you Edit......either, or both can be marked as being in the military now.