Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The “served in the US Armed forces question isn’t showing up on the “spouse information” portion. How do I get it to show up/answer yes.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The “served in the US Armed forces question isn’t showing up on the “spouse information” portion. How do I get it to show up/answer yes.

@sieraannestelle 

Wow....in the Online" software..looks like a bug..I'll report it and look for a workaround..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I reported as a bug. 

Workaround:

The Q is asked if you were putting in the Spouse from scratch.   But not in a later edit.  so here's what works...

1) Log in, and "Continue" into your tax return, so that you are inside it somewhere.

2)  Go to the left-side menu and click on  "Tax Tools"  then  "Tools".

3)  From the Popup menu click on the link for "Delete a Form".

4)  Find the "Personal Worksheet" for the person in question...then select "Delete" for that one.

5)  scroll to the bottom and hit the button to "Continue my return"

6)  When you are back in, you'll have to re-enter that spouse on the My Info page and then be able to indicate that he/she is in the military, and also select their state of residence (HOR/SLR....remember, not necessarily where you are posted).

IF you had already entered some W-2 forms, you may have to delete the spouse's, and re-enter it.  Make sure all other income entered prior to the change is assigned to the correct person...or to you both.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@sieraannestelle 

Should work properly today for both spouses...looks like they fixed the individual followup Questions overnight no matter which spouse you Edit......either, or both can be marked as being in the military now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies