Solved: Thank you for clearing this up, you've been more t...

I worked in New York state from Sep 28th - Nov 15th. Then I moved back to Oregon on Nov 27th back to my previous employer. How would I put this into my taxes this year?

It depends.  TurboTax cannot do 3 part-year returns, but for your situation it would be justified to claim yourself a full-year resident for Oregon, and a non-resident for New York.  TurboTax can handle that return easily, and it shouldn't have a huge impact on your state returns (and may actually have a better result).

What this means is that Oregon will tax all of your income, but give you a credit for the tax you pay to NY for the income you earned in NY.  But claiming as an Oregon resident (your move certainly was not permanent) will allow you to claim any credits that Oregon would allow to a resident that they would not allow a nonresident (if any such credits exist).  For the NY return, claiming in this way will have no affect whatsoever (they use the same form for a nonresident or a part-year resident).

In any case, you will prepare the nonresident (NY) return first so that the credit can be calculated correctly for your Oregon return.

Thank you for clearing this up, you've been more than helpful!

You're welcome.