mutaam

Hi, I'm trying to put American Samoa as my state of residence, how can I do that?

LinaJ2018

You would choose Foreign or US Possession. 

• In your program, to your left, select My Info
  • On the screen, Your Personal Info
  • Tell us the state(s) you lived in, in the drop-down menu, you would scroll all the way down to Foreign or US Possession
  • Follow prompts
mesquitebean

I added a screen image to the steps above.  I couldn't add one in a comment.

Here's another tip:

When you later come to the screen that asks for your mailing address, you'll need to first choose the option in a dropdown menu that says it is a different type of address so that the input boxes will change to a different format.
LinaJ2018

Thank You epo39b.  Very nice of you.
mesquitebean

Oops, sorry, I mistyped something above.  In my "tip" above, I first said "foreign" for when you come to the mailing address section, but I just saw that there is also a separate dropdown choice for "US Possession" in that mailing address section.   I don't know exactly how the territory of American Samoa is considered, but I presume "possession."

You may have been emailed the comment that mentioned choosing a "foreign" mailing address, so please disregard that.  You can choose the proper address type when you get to the mailing address section.

YW to TurboTaxLina.