Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie Caudill Clark
New Member

State Tax Return Kept by Ky

I filled out my taxes with you and had one of your experts help. My income in part is tax exempt. They kept my return only counting one W2 as tax exempt and not two of the three. The second W2 is also tax exempt as both are for a Michelle P Waiver for care for a sick dependent child. Please help me. Because they did not count the second Michelle P Waiver W2 it added 26 almost 27,000 to my income. They did n't even adjust for daycare they just blindly kept it and I had written letters of protests for over two months with just the response that Michelle P Waiver is tax exempt and they deducted the Michelle P income from only one W2. Please help or call me at [phone number removed]. I need to know can I complain? file an amended return? What do I do?

2 Replies
Level 15

State Tax Return Kept by Ky





TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.





If you purchased Audit Defense:




TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.


**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 15

State Tax Return Kept by Ky

My advice would be to contact Kentucky's taxpayer ombudsman.  You'll find the contact information here:

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies