I have SSN. My wife got ITIN just now. We filed jointly for 2019.
Now we started filing Indiana state return. It asks: "Your Indiana residency status". I lived in Indiana for the whole 2019 year but my wife arrived in USA for the first time in July 2019.
1. Should I select "part-year resident"? Because I lived full year and my wife lived only 6 months in Indiana.
2. What about "County of Residence" on 1/1/2019? I know mine is MONROE county. But my wife wasn't even in USA on 1/1/2019. Should I select "No Entry" for her? When I do this, it says that my return can be delayed if I select "No Entry" for the county of residence and employment.
Form IT-40PNR for Part-Year and Full-Year
Use Form IT-40PNR if you (and/or your spouse, if married filing
• Were Indiana residents for less than a full-year or not at all, or
• Are filing jointly and one was a full-year Indiana resident and the
other was not a full-year Indiana resident
residency status - non-resident
use 00 for her county
- Don't you think it should be part-year resident? I am not sure why you are suggesting "non-resident". I lived in Indiana for whole 2019 year and my wife lived starting 06/2019.
- Turbotax isn't allowing me to enter 00 for county for my wife. Also, I selected "No Entry" for resident county, it automatically changed it to MONROE. Screenshot attached.
- Turbotax automatically changed the dates my wife lived in Indiana from "6/26/2019-12/31/2019" to "1/1/2019 - 12/31/2019".
Please help. @Anonymous
Please let me know as mentioned in my previous post.
Summary of questions asked in the previous post:
 Shouldn't it be part-year resident?
 Turbotax isn't allowing me to put 00 for my wife's residence county and employment county.
 Turbotax automatically changes the dates my wife lived in Indiana from "6/26/2019-12/31/2019" to "1/1/2019 - 12/31/2019".