Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jwcm
Level 1

Sch NJ-DOP: column d - Price cannot be greater than the federal amount

I tried what Annette suggested and I was still getting the same error "amount cannot be greater than federal amount". The error popped up for transactions I couldn't find in my Federal Income review step for some reason.

I fixed it by restarting my State Return (after following Annette's steps). To do this, you have to click on "State" on the left, then "Your State Returns" at the top of the resulting page, then delete the New Jersey status with the trash can icon, and re-do the State portion of your return.

Finally, after doing all that, all the errors are gone and I was able to e-file.

I have too many to adjust and we need TT for fix this ASAP.  I was told 3/25 so after that date storm the phone lines and complain. This is totally unacceptable, and the communications is no existent

I have been using TurboTax from years but this year I realize how bad they are in overall communication. 

Issue still not resolved and It's a bug in software which stopping me to file my state tax return.

They are going to loose my business going forward. 

Every year it is something.   They are completely incompetent.  Makes you wonder if calculations are right.

The fix works, but will change your federal return.  I lost $5.  

The issue is same and Its still showing the same error

sudhirborra
Returning Member

I am just going to follow the advise of Annette and make those changes and file it. I have made a copy of the response from Annette and will SUE TT and Annette IF if get Audited. 

Good Morning All, there was a TT update for NJ today. After doing the update and doing another review it seems my 250 errors are now gone. I guess they finally made and provided the fix for the error we've been having. I guess better late than never.

As @alanhelm mentioned, the New Jersey update (Released 03/24/2022) appears to have fixed the problem finally!

Yes it is FIXED!!!  Just filed no issues

Thanks to our combined efforts TT finally fixed their program!

And if you look at NJ-DOP now it is no different than before. As I was saying a few times there were never anything wrong with the form. It was just TT program erroneously raised the issue. 

Looks like they simply removed that checking against Federal numbers.  

I just e-filed my NJ taxes. 

guo0693
Returning Member

Now I can e-file the NJ state tax, however I got rejected due to below errors:
When entering "Other Income" for New Jersey, a description is required and the amount cannot be negative. Please go back and adjust your return accordingly before re-transmitting your return.

I clicked on fix my tax, no error was found and I click on e-file again, I got rejected again.

Then I checked the forms, Schedule NJ-DOP has 1 negative number on line 1.f which aggregated all my option loss I think, line 4 is correct: 0 since the gain is essentially 0 when we can't claim credit for loss. 

Anyway, the situation is: I can e-file, but it will be rejected.

I was able to file NJ state and is now pending to be accepted. I had 363 errors that were corrected with the update. I am very concerned about the last post by guo0693. I have the same type of aggregated losses. I hope it doesn't get rejected. . If so I hope this is just another TT problem.  I'll post any updated info.

guo0693
Returning Member

I efiled around 5pm today. I see the rejected status immediately after I went backto tax home and got the email & text after 5-10min. Every time I click on fix my return it will show the error msg I posted before and when I revisit, no errors we're shown.  Because the investment were pulled from fed return, when I even went over NJ state again, there is no way to change DOP details and there is no error during final check, a tax expert from TT spent two hours review my case and confirmed my NJ1040 form generated from TT looks correct. The only reason I can think of is the negative field from NJ-DOP schedule, and it is probably another unnecessary non-negative check. If anyone had the issue before and was able to successfully get your return accepted after the fix, plz share your update so that I can know if I should check someothing else. Thx

I had 250 errors which where gone after the last TT NJ update. I e-filed last week and I got notice that it was accepted by NJ.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies