Refund State of Michigan

Refund State of Michigan

I finished my taxes on the 31st of March 2019. I mailed a check to the IRS-Feds, and to the City. I thought that I had e-filed my State taxes the same day the checks went out in the mail. After several frustrating communications [non people] except for one, I went back into my Turbo tax and found out that I had NOT e-filed... evidently the Feds have to take care of their end before I can get my State refund. I again tried to e-file my State taxes, and the 'program' gives me choices about Federal level. None of their choices applied. The choice I needed 'already paid' was not there. I clicked on "other" and did not get anywhere - the program was not being nice. How can I file my State taxes electronically? Maybe I should just print out another copy and Mail it? Hopefully I wont get charged interest.... I am a frustrated and unhappy senior citizen here. Can you help me? I am going to copy and print this info..so I can send it 'snail mail'.. if that is what I end up doing.. Thanks

Refund State of Michigan

I can't tell how you filed federal.  Did you mail the 1040 or efile?  If you efiled was it Accepted?  You can check your efile status here https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

How to file state after federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3182020-how-do-i-file-my-state-return-after-i-have-e-filed-my-fede...

Refund State of Michigan

If you are getting a refund there is no penalty or interest for filing late.

Refund State of Michigan

Oh you private messaged me instead of posting here.  You said.....

I snail-mailed my Federal and City since I had to pay them - I enclosed a check  and the W-2's for each.  I thought I had e-filed my State for my refund owned to me.  I have not had this problem before.  There were NO notices or reminders in the Turbo Tax.....

Sorry you have to mail your state too.  You can only efile state if Federal was first efiled and Accepted.