Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

From the "Potential State Tax Exclusions from Governmental Obligations" where do I put the "Exclusion Amount" on the Colorado State Income Tax form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

From the "Potential State Tax Exclusions from Governmental Obligations" where do I put the "Exclusion Amount" on the Colorado State Income Tax form?

You don't.  You enter interest or dividends from government obligations in the federal interview as you enter the interest and dividend.  There will be a point in the interview where it asks about whether any of the interest or dividends are from gov't obligations, and then takes you to a screen to enter the amount.

I do that but it is not being allowed on the CO state form

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Shingle

What does "it is not be allowed on the CO state form" mean?

You entered the interest or dividends on the federal return, right? Then when you went to the CO state interview, you saw the screen "Here's Income that Colorado handles differently", right?

What happened when you went down to the subheading "Investments"? Did you pick one of the four subcategories.

In short, what were you doing to make you say that "it was not being allowed on the CO state form"? Specifically, what was not being allowed?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies