Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

phoistad

Why is my return still pending? (updated 3-16-21)

I transmitted my return 2/17 at 10AM PT.  I received the e-mail indicating it was transmitted.  I have not yet received any rejection of acceptance messages.

Two other returns filed that same day hours later, were accepted or rejected within 35 minutes.

Cowboysfan21
Returning Member

@GabiU 

As of this morning my return status is still pending.

No emails as of this afternoon 2/21/ @12:17 PM

I have receive an email n Feb. 13th that my South Carolina return has been accepted.  I  would to print a copy of what has been submitted but am unable to do so.  the message on the print tells me it is unavailable because "some forms have not been finalized. "  Why can I not see what ha been accepted.  I spent over an hour on the phone with s advisor yesterday who finished by hanging up on me.  the reference number is [social security number removed].

Well after your deadline. My fed accepted almost immediately and CA still shows pending. Help?

Edited to add: this is really getting discouraging given TT lack of communication. I have no idea how to proceed and we certainly (your customers) don't need this kind of extra stress right now. The not communicating about the issue is more of a thing than the pending thing. 

Edited to add again: It's monday morning and finally got a rejection notification and instructions for fixing it and now it is on the way and accepted. I appreciate that TT fixed whatever was the error but if it were not for this forum I'd be frantically worrying without any word (email or text) from TT about what they were doing to remedy the situation. Communication to customers, even when it isn't good news, is more helpful than silence. Just saying. 

Wanda64

I need to redo California taxes because of updates in your system. The California state rejected my return. It needs to be fixed.

Turbotax -- STOP misleading these poor taxpayers that you will send them an email in 48 hours on how to correct. Many of us DID receive your email a few days ago and we corrected our California returns, submitted, efile, were "Accepted" and the Calif FTB has in fact our returns in their system. But these other people keep pleading with you TurboTax for your help.  PLEASE REMEDY THIS FOR THEM TOO ! Bless us all..

DR1212
Returning Member

UPDATE:  My Federal Return had been "pending" since Feb. 12 with no further email from Turbotax. This afternoon I finally got an email saying my return was "Rejected".  (Note it did not say whether it was rejected by TurboTax or the IRS). I logged in and followed the instructions to go back to a certain credit and answer all the questions related to that credit again. Lo and behold this time TurboTax asked me to answer a  question it had not asked me to answer the first time. And of course before submitting on the 12th, I had run "review" and was assured by the software that everything was ready to file. So this time I completed the extra question and resubmitted. In less than 30 minutes, my return was "Accepted by the IRS" , which historically is how long it has taken in my experience. All of this confirms what I suspected all along, namely that there was an error in one of the forms in the TurboTax software on the 12th that has  now been corrected.

I received rejections today, after 6 days, and refilled.  Federal has been accepted.

geneva20

Mines say still pending 

Terror91

My fed is accepted. but my cal state still says pending and I did not receive an email.

Still pending 

lmortiz74

I filed my tax returns Feb. 7th 2021 and my Federal Taxes were accepted on the 12th, but NM State tax filing shows Pending. What is taking so long? No rejection info. 

Lbethel

My federal was accepted on 2/19/21 my state been pending for 2 weeks no update what is going on my New Jersey state was accepted my Nys tax is pending 

I filed my 2019 taxes o 4/15/20. It has been pending since then and now it’s no longer pending. It says check with tax preparer for more information. I have received my 2020 tax return. What’s up with 2019 taxes?

I just checked again at the State of California FTB 'Where's my Refund' = It still says NOT RECEIVED.

I want you to re-submit and refund me the money you charged for failing to provide promised service.
Please respond to acknowledge you are fixing this today. Do you think about how this failure in service can literally cause disaster for people?!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies