Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rabbit521

Why is my return still pending? (updated 3-16-21)

Was that 10(PM)pt to expect an email regarding the continuous "pending" on both Federal and VA returns.  I transmitted on February 14, 2021! Nothing has changed yet and no email explaining the problem. 

Ditto. State still pending (CA) and Fed accepted (almost immediately after filing). Working on 48 hours since this was posted and 4+ days since filing. You guys could send out a mailing saying what's going on instead of having us have to dig for it. I get that this is a tough year but communication up front would really be very helpful. Thanks, tho. Appreciate knowing it's a thing and not just me. 

Larry1014
Returning Member

I received an Email saying my va state was rejected due to problem with turbo tax not having right form for a Charity. Told me it would be Mar 11 before they would have form. I can't get on the turbo tax site and when I do going to remove the charity deduction (240). not worth the wait.

hillyfarm

I received an email from Turbo Tax saying that my Virginia tax return was rejected.  I tried to go through the steps on the email to fix this but was unsuccessful.  Can someone help me?  Thanks

Larry1014
Returning Member

That's not encouraging. I just refiled my Va state again. Waiting to see what happens.

Edit: State has been approved and Federal refund is in my bank account. Yaaaa.

UPDATE:
Today (Feb 19) I opened up my Turbotax program (CD version) and updated the program.
It said my California return was rejected. I then followed the instructions. (TIP: I took screenprints of each screen along the way and saved the screen prints to a document so I could easily see what steps I took — there were at least 10 screens I had to go through).

First it took me to review my Federal return. (I found this odd because my Federal had already been Accepted and I actually already have received my Federal refund a few days ago). Nevertheless, I went through the Federal “Deductions” and “Credits” sections, but of course didn’t make any changes. I just clicked on “Continue”.

Once I went through all Federal screens, it took me to my California return. It had me check my California return for accuracy. Once it found NO ERRORS, it then took me through the various sections to identify myself with my California license and then to verify my bank routing information (all this information was already there, so I just reviewed it). The last screen came up to “submit” for e-filing. So, holding my breath (and of course saying a PRAYER), I clicked on “submit”

Lo and behold, it said “transmission successful” and said to wait 24-48 hours for California to “Accept”. I then received an email stating my transmission to California was successful. Still praying California actually accepts !! Will update once they do….

Meanwhile, I found this song just before starting the “re-filing” process. I hope and pray it brings you hope and comfort. It’s by Jeremy Camp and it’s called “Out of My Hands”
BLESSING TO YOU ALL !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxFj9xWuEXA

MESSAGE TO TURBOTAX: Because this has caused so many of us unnecessary stress, we collectively ask you to consider refunding us the $20 it cost us to file with the state of California (or other states that had to deal with this problematic issue). Doing so will reinstate faith in your product. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS US ALL!!

Mine is still pending and I filed mine on1/21/21. Been trying to ask questions but have been getting the run around please help

My return is still saying pending i filed on the 12th. Is there something else i need to do?

Those of you still pending, TurboTax should have sent you an email or text message (in some cases both) to tell you your return has been Rejected (by Turbotax, NOT the state) with instructions on how to remedy this by going into your Turbotax program, updating the program, and following their instructions.  I re-filed mine an hour ago, and about 45 minutes later California accepted it.  THANKS TO GOD !

MESSAGE TO TURBOTAX: Because this has caused so many of us unnecessary stress, we respectfully and collectively ask you to refund us the $20 it cost us to file with the state of California (or other states that had to deal with this problematic issue). Refunding us $20 is in Turbotax’s best interest because many of us will be purchasing H&R Block next year! Is losing our business next year not worth it to you?? Refunding us $20 will reinstate faith in your product. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS US ALL!!

My Federal and CO returns are still pending after 4 days.  Turbo Tax’s rep was pleasant on the phone today, but could only suggest to call back on Monday to check status.  Of course, it’s difficult to connect with a person on the phone.

cbgw9999
Returning Member

It's been 6 days for me (filed on 2/13 for federal and CO state). One thing I just noticed: look on your main page and scroll down near the bottom to "view e-file details". Then I noticed that my Fed "Filing Status changed to: Pending" date/time had been updated to today (1:39 PM Feb 19). Previously all 4 dates and times were identical, 12:23 PM Feb 13. So hopefully, that means that TurboTax resubmitted it ~2 hours ago, then the Feds will accept in 48 hours and CO state shortly after?

dp117
Returning Member

It's been seven days since I filed.  It's been about 48 hours since this post.  Still "pending" .  Now what?  

You never got an email stating your state return was rejected?  Maybe go back in and do a software update.  All I can say is my Federal was accepted on Feb 11 and then my California was in Pending status for days and days until many of us here on this message board were complaining.  Then Turbotax finally released an update on Feb 18 and we all got an email (and a text message) that our Calif return was rejected (by Turbotax, NOT the state of Calif).  We were instructed to go back into the Turbotax program, update the software, then we were given instructions on what do do, finally getting us to the area where we would "submit" our state return again.  Then our returns were "Accepted" by the state.  Check your email and text messages to see if Turbotax sent you an email or text.....

dp117
Returning Member

Never got accepted or rejected.  All software is up to date.  Called TT 5 times over the past week and they kept deflecting blame and said there is nothing they can do.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies