Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wolfy1

Why is my return still pending? (updated 3-16-21)

I got that email and still nothing!!!! This is so frustrating. I got that email on the 18th and here we are the 22nd. Please help!!!

Stephll89

I file 2/19 and they both still say pending. I’m in Illinois 

A story from a FRUSTRATED  turbo tax filer. 

On the 7th of Feb I e-filed, understanding the 12th would be when the fed. would start to accept the forms.

A week or so after the 12th still nothing. On the 21 of Feb. I was informed my pending status changed to rejected. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box but I believe that exceeds 48 hrs. Any who, Turbo suggested that the snafu was my 1116 form. I  went over the form and resubmitted. In less then two hours the Fed. and about 1hr after that my state was accepted. The crazy thing was after I reworked my 1116 I checked it against what I previously submitted. The same.  But this time it went through. 

Tim's take away

Eventually your submission will be rejected and you can resubmit.

I think the Screw Up is with turbo,Not the Fed. and no they aint a gonna fess-up

Take a deep breath I think turbo's working on fixing things.

It's frustrating not being able to get an answer from turbo but from searching on the community site I could see many others were having the same problem and that gave me some hope the problem would be resolved sooner then later.

William51

My return has been accepted but my founds not received I want to know why tell me something please 

I got the email from Turbotax a few days ago that my California return was rejected (meaning, Turbotax rejected it NOT the State because Turbotax had never sent it to the state) .   Once I got into my desktop version of Turbotax and opened up my return, I followed the instructions and, thank God, was able to resubmit my California return and California accepted it about an hour later.

For those of you still suffering, try emailing the executives as well as the Office of the President of Intuit.  This is the only way to get help it appears.  May God help you through this.  I sympathize with you all.

CONTACT TURBOTAX:

800 number 624 9066

EXECUTIVES
https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

[email address removed]

[removed] 

Still waiting after 72 hrs state is pending still. Iv payed for all extra features and still cannot contacts turbo my federal says irs has no knowledge of it being accepted this just wonderful. 

I filed on February 12th and it still says pending.  What is going on.  I am having 130 dollars taken out to file even though i thought it was free.  I did everything I could.  I want my money

Finally received notice that my ME state tax return was accepted. This took way too long but I'm happy it resolved.

What did you do to resolve the issue

I opened my return, checked for updates, and updated the software.  I did not enter any new information, and the state and federal refunds remained the same.  I went to the "File" section, and refiled my state return.  It was accepted in 15 minutes.

I filed on the 11th still says pending for Fed and state.?? And Havent gotten a email saying rejected.. Iam in IDAHO

I filed on 1/21/21 without knowing refunds weren’t being accepted until 2/12. Turbo tax efile information says IRS received my return 2/10/21 but it still says pending and I never received an email that they accepted or rejected my return it’s now been over a week and the status remains the same PENDING. And the IRS website says nothing no information matches. 

WJY0109
Returning Member

This seems to be an newly discovered issue this year. Don't worry, its a software issue. Your return will be subsequently rejected; just complete the deduction and credit section again and resent it. This should do the trick.  

My federal taxes got accepted the next day and the state taxes got accepted but I still see no estimated day wen I should receive them? Please help and it still shows pending as well on the california taxes but my federal taxes should be in my account by March 9

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies