Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

staustin1

Why does Form 2210 for 2020, that was just released, appear to complete Part IV incorrectly for column (a) and (b) overpayments?

Those overpayments are not carried forward to columns (c) and (d) line 20.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Why does Form 2210 for 2020, that was just released, appear to complete Part IV incorrectly for column (a) and (b) overpayments?

TurboTax is aware of errors related to calculating underpayment penalties on Form 2210. The problem has been reported and is under investigation. Taxpayers can continue to e-file with the option of deleting the form and allowing the IRS to calculate any underpayment penalty for you.

How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Down...

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
staustin1

In my case, since I use the annualized method exception to eliminate the penalty, it is not an option for me to delete Form 2210.  When will this issue be resolved?

Thank you,

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

This reported error is still be worked on. An estimated date is not yet available.

@staustin1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
staustin1

Turbo Tax latest updates, as of 3/10/2021 have only made the issue more incorrect. Now overpayments from 2019, applied to 2020 estimated payments , are not being reflected on Form 2210 and therefore, the 7/15/2020 column (a) on Form 2210 Part IV, in my case, now incorrectly reports and underpayment. When will this be corrected?

It's fixed now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies