turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xomox0815
Returning Member

Where do I see my SC solar tax credit carryover from 2019 on the state return? Do I have to file form SC SCH.TC-38 since TT didn't attached it automatically, right?

On the federal side it was carried over the right way on form 5695 Residential Energy Credit. I have a five figure number that needs to carry over from 2019 but what I see on the already filed report seems to low. I'm glad for any advice.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Where do I see my SC solar tax credit carryover from 2019 on the state return? Do I have to file form SC SCH.TC-38 since TT didn't attached it automatically, right?

TurboTax will not automatically carryforward your South Carolina solar tax credit because it is calculated on a non-supported form (SC SCH.TC-38), which has to be added manually each year. Therefore, TurboTax doesn't know the amount to carry forward.

To add your carryforward:

1. Click State in the left column
  2. Continue to South Carolina
  3. Keep going until you reach Take a look at South Carolina credits and taxes
  4. START/REVISIT South Carolina Other Non-refundable Credits
  5. Skip Have Any of These Credits? (Credits List: A-D)
  6. Skip Have Any of These Credits? (Credits List: E-N)
  7. Skip Have Any of These Credits? (Credits List: P-R)
  8. On Have Any of These Credits? (Credits List: S-W). select Solar Energy Credit and CONTINUE
  9. Enter the amount from your manually calculated Form SCH.TC-38. This credit is limited to the lesser of $3,500 per facility or 50% of your tax liability.

Read more: I would like to file my South Carolina state returns electronically. But, i don't see a way to attac...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies