Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

My refund/payment amount is Zero.  What are the odds?  I think there is something wrong with the Utah State software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

Could be....but if you had low income and no UT tax withholding, a zero is certainly possible

1) make sure the Federal section is completely filled in first. 

2) then make sure you go thru the entire UT interview next.

IF still nothing...3) go back to the start of the State preparation area , delete the entire UT tax return, and then restart it from scratch.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
ko4
Level 1

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

I just did my UT taxes with the same results of zero  return and when printing the forms only a couple of lines had numbers. How do I delete and reinstall state? If I was trusting of your product you probably would have lost me money!!! 

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

You'd have to indicate which software platform you are using...the procedure is different when using Online software, vs Desktop/download software.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

I have the same problem.  I am using TurboTax Deluxe 2019.  Not only does the refund sho $0, but the printout shows none of the data, such as Federal adjusted gross income from federal return, Total Income, Utah Tax, etc. etc.  All of the numbers on the printed form are $0 (See screen shot below.  This is a bug and is holding up tax refund.  Please help.

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.23.49 PM.png

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

@mckennarl   @zscooterz   @ko4 

Nothing I can do....Please   call Customer Support and let them work thru it with you to find out what is going on..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

lgibnkids
Returning Member

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

I also am having problems with the Utah state software. It didn't add in my personal exemptions [line 11]. If I had gone ahead and filed I would have paid an extra $91.00 in tax. 

lgibnkids
Returning Member

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

A correction to my previous post. The Turbo Tax software is working fine for Utah state taxes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Herbslc
Returning Member

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

how did you get the federal data to pull through?  i have the same issue as others, no tax owed because no data is coming through

Herbslc
Returning Member

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

how do you get the federal data to populate?  says it’s calculated, but it’s not pulling through

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

So, I ended up simply closing my software, then came back two days later and reopened it.  There was not an update, but everything seemed to calculate properly.  Who knows what happened.  Some glitch I guess.

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

I have the same issue. The transfer of data from the federal return is not working. The Utah tax forms are all blank. So much for wasting money this year with TurboTax. And as an added bonus we get to waste our time talking to "customer service."

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

No! It is definitely the software. My Utah forms come up blank too.

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

I'm using the desktop (download) version. I completely exited the program and went back in. That fixed the issue for me and the Utah forms are now populated with the correct data.

Level 1

Utah Tax Refund is Zero

PER THE COMMENT AND SCREEN SHOT ABOVE THE UTAH TAX FORM ( ONLINE DELUXE)  IS BUGGY

It shows zero refund or amount owed.  

The return when you print or view it is blank, mostly, and

I get a message that I can’t file it electronically because the filing status I “selected” for the state return is different than what I selected for Federal. ( I selected nothing different.  This info was supposedly imported from the federal tax inputs I had already done.) 

Turbo Tax has made an error in programming and I don’t know how to correct this since when I tried to contact TT about  the issue  there is a paywall between me and TT. Why should I have  to buy an extra service to tell you about a problem with TT software?

What do you recommend?  Contact the retailer I purchased it from and return it?  Or is there a patch or update I can quickly and easily obtain?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies