Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

egg1
Level 2

Using Turbo Tax Desktop and E filing a New York State Return- Can I add an Attachment to that

Hi

I am going to E File a New York State Return using the Desktop Premier Version and need to attach a copy of a W-2 to that E File transmission.

Can I do this?   I see under the Tools Tab there is an Attachment Choice but it does not do anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using Turbo Tax Desktop and E filing a New York State Return- Can I add an Attachment to that

Each year will be separate.  Just wait to see if they send you a letter again.  Sorry.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

There is no need to attach a W-2 on an e-filed tax return.  The information from the W-2 that you entered using the TurboTax program is included in the e-filed return.

If they need to see your W2 or a 1099 or something they will send you a letter for it.  So keep all your forms and records.  Why do you think you need to attach it?

egg1
Level 2

Hi

Yes I know that but after last year's e filing,  New York State had sent me a letter to supply a copy of the W-2 to them.  I think it is because the W-2 is generated by a Connecticut Employer who withholds New York State Taxes.  Not sure, but I wanted to try to stay one step ahead.

Do you think an attachment can be transmitted?

egg1
Level 2

Hi

They sent a letter for the 2020 W2 after it was efiled

Each year will be separate.  Just wait to see if they send you a letter again.  Sorry.

egg1
Level 2

Thanks, that is what I will do.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies