Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to print accepted state return.

Initially my state form (SC) was not ready.  I filed my federal.  I received an e-mail a few days later saying the state form was ready so I e-filed my state return.  Both federal and state have been accepted, but I still can't print the state return.  I am only given a "preview" option.  If the return has been accepted shouldn't that mean everything is approved and I should be able to print it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It may be that some of the forms in your South Carolina state return are ready to e-file but not yet ready to print and file by mail. This may be causing that message. If you click on this TurboTax Help article showing state form availability, and then click on South Carolina, it shows many forms are currently available to e-file but not to print and file until Feb 10th. Please try again after that date. State Tax Forms Availability Dates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Accepted means the IRS has received and is beginning to process your return. The next step is for it to be approved, then your state will be approved.

Please refer to the following FAQ for information.

Does "accepted" mean my refund is approved?

But if the return has been accepted doesn't this mean that the FORMS have been approved.  I understand the REFUND may not be approved yet, but shouldn't I be able to PRINT my return if it has been accepted?  I am still unable to print my state return.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Open your return.  Click on STATE in the left-side menu.

Click on TAX TOOLS in the left-side menu.

Click on PRINT CENTER from the drop-down menu.

Click on Print, Save or Preview this year's return.

The problem is my state return still only says PREVIEW even though it has been filed and accepted by the state.  When I try to print the state along with the federal the state has a watermark on it saying "DO NOT FILE", but it is filed.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It may be that some of the forms in your South Carolina state return are ready to e-file but not yet ready to print and file by mail. This may be causing that message. If you click on this TurboTax Help article showing state form availability, and then click on South Carolina, it shows many forms are currently available to e-file but not to print and file until Feb 10th. Please try again after that date. State Tax Forms Availability Dates

In my state return (VA) I kept getting the message that the forms are not finalized and would not let me view or print the return.  I finally went back through the program and clicked on EVERY blue box even the ones that don't apply to me.  When I then went to finalize, it showed the form and allowed me to print it out so that I could file by mail.

The message below says to wait until Feb. 10th to be able to print state forms. My Oregon return was filed and a couple days later, on Feb. 18, Oregon accepted it. So it is well past that Feb. 10 date, and I still can't print or save the forms as a PDF file. Which means I also can't print the Oregon Estimated Tax forms, and I need them.  How can I print both the return and the estimate forms?

@Rena89 wrote:

The message below says to wait until Feb. 10th to be able to print state forms. My Oregon return was filed and a couple days later, on Feb. 18, Oregon accepted it. So it is well past that Feb. 10 date, and I still can't print or save the forms as a PDF file. Which means I also can't print the Oregon Estimated Tax forms, and I need them.  How can I print both the return and the estimate forms?

Try this procedure -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies