turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax says that my Vermont income tax was accepted by the state on Feb th, I called Vermont tax line and they have not received anything

Why have they not recieved them? and also, they said it was a problem with turbotax and to contact you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Turbotax says that my Vermont income tax was accepted by the state on Feb th, I called Vermont tax line and they have not received anything

There is no problem. Accepted just means the state has received your return but they have not processed it yet. Until that state starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it when you contact them or go to check status on their website. The next step would be for them to process and approve your refund. 

Processing times vary from state to state and Vermont has stated they will have delays in the processing of refunds. They also have stated that "E-filed returns have an expected time frame of 6-8 weeks for a refund, while paper returns typically take at least 8-12 weeks." And you can see more details on that here Vermont’s 2018 Filing Season Updates

Per Vermont's Department of Taxes:  Refund Expectation

"Taxpayers should be aware that the Department's measures to combat personal income tax fraud for the 2018 tax filing season may cause delays in receiving their refunds. The Department will start processing returns the first week of February. However, we may hold some returns until we receive W-2 withholding reports from employers, which are due on January 31.

The most efficient and secure way to file Vermont tax returns continues to be electronic filing, and direct deposit to an existing bank account is the fastest way to receive a refund. Taxpayers who e-file generally receive their refunds more quickly than those who file paper returns. E-filed returns have an expected time frame of 6-8 weeks for a refund, while paper returns typically take at least 8-12 weeks."

How do I track my Vermont tax refund?
Lmk
Returning Member

Although TurboTax told me that my Vermont return was complete and excepted apparentlyThe declaration of Homestead piece was not included and all of a sudden I’m faced with a huge tax bill. How did you make this error and will you fix it?

I received my federal taxes back on Feb 12,  I still have not received anything from my state return

Did my return get filed?  As I said I received my federal on feb 12 and Nothing from the State

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Chances are it may be stuck in their server. Once return has been accepted by Vermont, it is no longer in Turbo Tax system.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well that is not very reassuring. 

ACCEPTED means exactly that your return is now in the hands of the receiver (i.e. Vermont).

Now all you can do is wait.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies