turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lgarner75
Returning Member

TurboTax Deluxe 2020 not downloading state

Anyone else having issues with downloading the state files for TurboTax Deluxe 2020.  I get to the state and click start and it does an update and says that software is up to date but will not let me access the state part of my return and keeps looping back to download it and it loops doing that saying it is updated and does it over and over but state will not do anything when i click on start but loop back to download.  Anyone else having this issue or know a workaround.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the FAQ here if you are having trouble downloading your state return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having a similar problem with Turbotax Basic. I get to state taxes, and it prompts me to purchase state, but freezes up at that point. I have tried the cleanup tool and reinstallation with no luck. 

Allsport

Turbotax Business 2020 (download version),  I get to state download click start,   Turbotax saves everything and then a window opens "Let's complete your purchase online".  Click on "continue" and nothing happens.  Click on "having trouble with your purchase" and nothing happens.  Tried clicking on top menu item "Online\download state" same results.  I have the most recent updates.  How do I get my state into Turbotax Business???

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the steps in the below TurboTax FAQ for assistance with your state download looping:

State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update...

Go to menu at the top – online – updater preferences – turn off auto update.  The program was obviously updating instead of downloading.

rws56

You must be kidding.  This solution looks like it was written for a programmer, not a user.  I am having the same issue for 2021 Home and Business.  

I was a loyal TurboTax user, but the downloaded version this year is full of issues loading the software originally and now I cannot use the state return function at all.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@rws56

Please see the Help Article here for further assistance with this experience.  If this does not work for you, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies