turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax not filling out California Form 593 correctly

In Part II the instructions say "Property Address – Enter the address of the CA real property transferred. Include the street address, parcel number, and county. TT will not let us put in the address AND the parcel number but Turbo Tax asks for the address OR the parcel number and wont let you put both without an error which is wrong.

My efile was rejected because of the above error.

Also . . .

At the end of Part II it asks for the remitter's name and that should be the Escrow Company but TT is inserting my name in that line. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Strange that no one has responded to this yet with 13 views.

Was I unclear stating what my problem is? Briefly . . . FTB *requires* both the address and the parcel number but TT only allows an address OR the parcel number but not both. Having entered only the address my tax return was returned. I called the FTB but they are not the ones that rejected it. They said they would have a record of it if they rejected it but they have no record of it getting to them. So TT must have kicked it back. The stated reason for the rejection was that there was no parcel number entered so TT is in error TWICE because the FTB would have accepted it if TT had submitted it.

How can I call TT to complain about this error? The link to the phone number does not show the phone number.

Found a phone number but got a guy with an accent so bad I could only understand HALF of what he said. 

I think he hung up on me but the timer was still ticking so I'm not sure. He may have put me on hold without telling me.

I had both of the problems you mentioned (addr. v. parcel #)  and the wrong "remitter name".  TT has fixed the first problem.  The second problem is still there as of 2/24/21.  Hopefully, the FTB will not reject my return since the remitter name (on the 2nd and 3rd sheet) is redundant and appears to be for paper processing ease.

Overriding the remitter's name and Tax ID does not create an error luckily

delazohme

Getting an error on CA form 593 saying if there are any entries in Part VI then an entry for selling price on form 2020 is required. There are no entries in Part VI, and box 3 in Part III is not checked (which then requires part VI to be filled out).

Seems like an error in the software - any ideas anyone?

Different issue so maybe it would be best to post a new question instead of tacking it on to the end of an old post.

As of March 28 the remitter name bug has not been fixed.  TT is entering the name of the tax payer instead of the Escrow company that should be the remitter. Furthermore, it does not appear to allow the field to be edited to correct it.

Getting an error on CA form 593 saying if there are any entries in Part VI then an entry for selling price on form 2020 is required. There are no entries in Part VI, and box 3 in Part III is not checked (which then requires part VI to be filled out).

I'm getting the same issue, and if you do not complete this section Part VI on TT, you cannot continue to efile.

TurboTax fix this please!

HopeS
Expert Alumni

CA Form 593 Part V1 should be completed to show the computation of the estimated gain or loss on the sale. Review CA Form 593, Part V1 for more detailed information:

Form 593 Instruction

@trivialtax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies