turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dart42

Where do I enter contributions I made to NYS 529 plan on my State return? I have completed these returns and haven't been prompted anywhere to enter this.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
NicoleU

Where do I enter contributions I made to NYS 529 plan on my State return? I have completed these returns and haven't been prompted anywhere to enter this.

The input for the 529 plan deduction is in the state interview questions under the screen titled "Changes to Federal ( Please see the attached photo). 

Once you are on the page, please look for Education adjustments, then New York 529 college savings account activity, click Start. Then you will be able to enter your contributions in the next screen, Enter New York 529 Contributions

Those boxes are not in the NY return entry screens.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The instructions provided by @NicoleU apply to both TurboTax Online and TurboTax CD/Download @gpaultax.

They are not on the New York tax form. They are part of the TurboTax interview.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies