turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State of New Mexico just past a tax rebate. Will I get it if I've already filed my taxes??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

State of New Mexico just past a tax rebate. Will I get it if I've already filed my taxes??

The New Mexico $600 rebate to working, low-income families has not been signed into law yet so final details on how the credit will work have not be finalized.

If it is eventually included as part of the 2020 income tax return, then you can file an amended state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think our governor just signed the law today I'm pretty sure i get it i made 26000 last year i already received my state refund so what can I do if I do amended return will it alow me to claim it 

That's exactly what I want to know! Anyone have an answer? Please 🙏

The new bill signed today will not be a refund on 2020 state income taxes.  Stimulus checks are normally sent to the eligible tax payers. They do not have to file a state amended return to claim the stimulus.  The federal stimulus checks were a refund on 2020 income taxes and if payments were not received in 2020 and early 2021, then taxpayers claimed the payments as part of their 2020 refund.

So your saying I will just get it and I don't have to do anything?

I would love to know that too.

That is correct.  If you already filed, New Mexico has your information and you do not need to do anything.

@worker8_76 

@darkman9204  

Thanks 

New Mexico is urging everyone to file their New Mexico tax return as soon as possible so that they will know where you are an have your bank information available to deposit stimulus payments.  If you have already filed New Mexico, you don't have to do anything.  They have your information.       

@worker8_76 

@darkman9204  

Awesome thanks 

Just wanted to know I was reading this letter on the new Mexico tax and revenue website and I'm confused do I need to claim the new Mexico working family's tax credit to get the 600 dollar rebate if so i don't believe I did so what should I do 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

From what I've read, you don't need to do anything. If you are eligible, the $600 credit will be sent to you. 

“One of the new measures will provide a $600 personal income tax rebate to frontline and low-wage workers.

People who are eligible to receive the $600 income tax rebate just need to fill out their taxes. People who already completed their taxes will also receive their rebate, according to the state.

“To be eligible to receive the $600 rebate, the taxpayer needs to be eligible for and claim the Working Families Tax Credit, which about 200,000 New Mexico tax filers claim each year," said New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Sec. Stephanie Schardin. "And they also need to have income under a certain threshold. It's about $31,200 income for a single filer and I believe it's $39,000 for married, filing jointly or head of household. “

Source

Luanncobb

This was signed on tonight so how will I know if I qualify for the credit

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Do you get the working families credit? If yes, then check  your income and filing status at New Mexico to Issue $600 One-Time Tax Rebates Amid for full details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies