turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Phyl
Returning Member

State Acceptance Date

My "E-file Status" in the TurboTax program for both Federal and State returns is "Accepted" but I have received no emails from Intuit. In the past Intuit sent me emails updating the status of my returns. I found an acceptance date for my Federal return on the "Postmark Report" but not a state acceptance date. Where do I find the acceptance date for my state return? And where I can check to see what the real status of my returns are? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

State Acceptance Date

You might want to check your spam in your email account for emails from TurboTax.  

When you log into your TurboTax Online account, your filing status should be displayed on your homepage. You can also use our e-file status lookup tool to get your current status. 

You can also check your refund status directly through the IRS using these links: Where’s My Refund on IRS.gov or the IRS mobile app, IRS2Go to check your status.

Here is a link for you to check the status of your state refund.  State Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Phyl
Returning Member

State Acceptance Date

Not in Spam - that's the first place I checked. In fact I searched for any mention of TurboTax in any email folder and the only hits were messages about the 2018 returns. Nothing for 2019.

When I log into TurboTax online all I get is a "Welcome back, let's get started" message. Searched all over that site and all I can find is 2017 & 2018 info. Where is the "e-file status lookup tool" hidden?

Not getting a refund - I had to pay $7.00 on the Federal return (bet it cost them more than $7 to process that payment ;o). Don't care about state refund yet. Just looking for the State return accepted date so I can use it later. They ask for that to verify it's me.

State Acceptance Date

This year if you used the Desktop CD/Download program you can't use the efile lookup tool.  You have to look up the status inside your return.

To check the filing status,

In the Desktop program open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

You can also check the efile History.  So look at that also.

And if you switch to Forms there is an Electronic Postmark Page for Federal.  There should be a similar one for state.  Look around.  What state?  California has a form 8453 for it.

Phyl
Returning Member

State Acceptance Date

VolvoGirl:

The "Check Electronic Filing Status" just tells me it's been accepted - but doesn't give me the date - which is what I need.

HOWEVER - The E-File History gives me what I needed :o). Then again why it says the same thing over and over again (20 entries on the list) is beyond me. But I'm sure TurboTax has a reason.

I am aware of the Federal "Postmark Report" which works for the Federal side but there is no form like that for the State of Michigan. Last year I got an email with that information but like I said - no emails this year at all.

You solved my problem and I have left myself a note so I will know where to look next year if I have a problem like this. Unless TurboTax "improves" it's program and that option vanishes?

State Acceptance Date

Yes I reported the duplication to the moderator.  I got like 18 times on my history report.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies