Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should my non-MA source income on Form 1-NR/PY be something other than the other state's box 16?

TurboTax won't let me file because it insists that there is an error on Form1-NR/PY: Non-MA source income.  I am a part-year resident, no longer residing in MA.  I put in the value of box 16 for Maryland, my other state.  It rejected it.  It also rejected 0. It also rejected the value from box 1.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Should my non-MA source income on Form 1-NR/PY be something other than the other state's box 16?

That amount would be part of it, but there's more to it than just that.

Please see Line 14e in the 2020 Form 1-NR/PY Instructions for more information.

I am having the same issue.  I explicitly followed your instructions and it is still not validating.  Help!  How do I calculate this so it will validate.  Thank you!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Is your issue line 14e? Did you try 14a - 14d? Or did you have any of the exceptions listed in the middle column of page 14 in 2020 Form 1-NR/PY Instructions ?

@seafrog36 Can you clarify your issue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the same problem. It is line 14e [ Non-Massachusetts source income. Not less than '0 ]. I am entering the correct number. It will not take the correct number and it will not take "0".

What is it looking for??

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Please see pages 14 and 15 for lines 14 a-e in 2020 Form 1-NR/PY Instructions.

@gflynn1184

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ken112

Same problem for 2021 tax filing.  Why can't turbotax address this issue and fix it?  I even called turbotax tech support to no avail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies