turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pennsylvania Schedule D TP

I can't submit my PA tax return. When it does the final check it asks me to review their final calculation. I confirm its right but it keeps flagging it. The following message is displayed: 

Schedule D TP: Net cap gain/loss We're still working on PA Schedule D for returns with greater than 100 capital gain transactions. You'll need to get an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the online menu to connect to our website.

There is no where for the to select Check of Updates, customer service was of no help. This will be last year I ever do this. No way to send a simple email, no customer service rep tells me if this will be done within a couple days or weeks. I just want to FINISH my taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE 3/3 @ 12:15AM: The problem seems to be resolved online and desktop users of TT now! 

Worst case, you can always also just print your PA returns out (TT has all the forms filled out) and file by mail if you cannot wait (however you should ensure your 100+ transactions are all accurately reflected on those forms prior to mailing.)

Thanks to everyone who has been providing feedback and helping us figure this out, while this was annoying and frustrating, it does seem like TT was working on the fix and just got it deployed later than expected. Best of luck everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2/28 @ 12:45 PM (EDT): Submissions are still not working, same error. The consensus seems to be that TT will now have the needed fix in place between March 1st - March 3rd. Please keep replying to this thread with any new info you get, I will update my answer here to hopefully help others trying to figure this out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got off a long call with TT, turns out that PA is the culprit here.

The PA E-file system doesn't allow e-filing of the Schedule D form until 2/28 or after - this is why e-file fails but you can still print and mail the form in.

Easy solution: wait until 2/28 and attempt filing again then. Hopefully that actually works...

View solution in original post

104 Replies

I can confirm that this is an issue.  I tried to contact customer service.  No insight.  They tried to get me to upgrade to solve the problem saying that it was an error in my tax calculations and I needed to speak to a tax professional.  Clearly not the case... I ran the numbers myself and everything is correct.  They hung up on me shortly after because I called them out on it.  I also just want to file and there is obviously something wrong with this schedule for PA in TurboTax.  Hopefully someone can solve this issue and provide a solution.

Edited for typos

Also you can check for updates under the "online" menu in the top left of the window.  But it will most likely yield no solution.  I've tried updating and there are no updates.  It's an endless loop of updates and errors.  Hope someone helps soon.

Is this fixed yet? 

ge42
Returning Member

I am also seeing this same problem. I cannot find the menu to Update anywhere. Doesnt sound like an update would help anything either.

Same problem here.  Where is the fix?

sabrina24

I am having the same issue. So frustrating since I was already charged the $100+ for turbo tax and it won't even let me file my federal separately until this issue is fixed. I also talked to customer service last week and they did not offer any solutions.

Yep, after talking to customer service for a half hour on the phone, I'm confident they don't know how to fix the problem, or have any idea of when a fix would be coming.  One of their suggestions was to update my PC, which would have no bearing on their web application logic being faulty. 

Going to be switching to HR Block or TaxAct, unfortunate because I've always used TurboTax but I guess they just aren't what they used to be.  Sorry you paid upfront - I always wait until the end in case something like this happens.

Hi, I can’t remember how I did some playing around and was able to submit my federal separate. Try going back to file and change some settings, it is possible. 

That's true, I might just drop the state return. I just prefer to have it all done in one place and at once.  

I’ve been dealing with this for the last three days to no avail. Have also been on the phone with “tax experts” about 3 different times, none of whom could offer any helpful advice or insight whatsoever. I was excited because it was so easy to upload my 1099s from three different brokers, something I’d been stressing about for a while as this is my first real year making money with stocks and options. Federal was a breeze and then this issue with the Schedule D brought everything to a screeching halt. I, too, would’ve loved to submit everything together and just be done with it but I decided to just file the federal for now and see what ends up happening with this issue and then file the state separately at some point. This has to be a common issue, right? 100 transactions when you’re a trader really isn’t a whole lot. This also may be my last year using TurboTax. It shouldn’t be this difficult to figure out, to help direct us to actual updates or provide info on when the documents will be available. Just give the option to add extra pages to the schedule D!

When will this be fixed?

Not even a "we're looking into this" from someone at turbotax.  Utter garbage at this point.  Something to remember when doing your taxes next year.

Same problem Mon 2/21. I was able to submit federal without issue. 

Same issue here. unable to file PA state tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies