Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tillaria

On my state return I've entered the property taxes paid and all were on my principal residence. However I cannot set "amount not on principal residence" to 0 to continue.

Illinois state return (in case it helps). Basically, I need to say "yes all these property taxes are on my principal residence" but TurboTax keeps rejecting that and sending me in a "to-do" list loop.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

On my state return I've entered the property taxes paid and all were on my principal residence. However I cannot set "amount not on principal residence" to 0 to continue.

Leave those boxes blank. Don't enter anything in Property taxes NOT on residence or Property taxes deductible elsewhere if they don't apply to you.

If you are stuck in a loop, try deleting Schedule ICR and entering your property tax info again.

• Click Tax Tools in the left column
  • Click Tools
  • Select Delete a Form in Tools Center
  • Scroll down to Schedule ICR
  • Click Continue With My Return in the lower right
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Leave those boxes blank. Don't enter anything in Property taxes NOT on residence or Property taxes deductible elsewhere if they don't apply to you.

If you are stuck in a loop, try deleting Schedule ICR and entering your property tax info again.

• Click Tax Tools in the left column
  • Click Tools
  • Select Delete a Form in Tools Center
  • Scroll down to Schedule ICR
  • Click Continue With My Return in the lower right
tillaria

Thanks, that worked! Much appreciated!

dansteeve

I had this same issue and tried deleting the ice as recommended and that also did not work. Ultimately I hit a wall and used the TurboTax deluxe which cost me an additional $170! The solution was to just keep hitting continue.... The gentleman that helped me was nice and helpful but this was a total waste of money to resolve this glitch in their system. Just hit continue and see if it will let you file. 

Karen 4

I have entered $0 for amount NOT on principal residence and it won’t accept it

Try entering a 1 or a -1 and see what happens.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies