turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On Michigan state it keeps saying my kids social security Numbers is wrong ?! Can’t be wrong federal accpeted it and I triple checked ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On Michigan state it keeps saying my kids social security Numbers is wrong ?! Can’t be wrong federal accpeted it and I triple checked ??

I said the same thing if my daughter social wal invalid then my federal wouldn't have went through either this is some bs because now we have to wait til almost the end of the month to file.....or mail it and i already paid to file both

View solution in original post

28 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You'll may try and contact the MI Department of Revenue to see what SSN they have on file for your child's SSN. 

Since this is a busy time, your only option may be to mail in your MI state income tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having this exact same issue.  And I know my social security number is correct.  And he is nearly 3 years old, so its not a new number.

I filed same everything last year and federal accepted it , no numbers have changed ! Been using turbo tax for the same kids for 7 years ! The numbers are correct idk weird 

I know right !! My kids are 7,8,12 ! I have always used turbo tax , so maybe a glinch ? 

Ive seen multiple reports of this here in TT and also in Intuits professional software online community this morning...I think theres a glitch in the system, be it Intuit or Michigan, I dont know.

@HelenC12  you may want to pass this along to the powers that be, something is wrong somewhere.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thanks for the information 

Im having the same problem my son is 4 filed last year same numbers I checked and been using same tax software for 8 years definetly something going on here so now that I paid to efile their saying to just print out and mail BS fix your problems we paid for your software so we didn't have to mail out

MUST be glitch any new info should we just wait to file see if it gets fixed or do as you say and mail it out and if so do I receive refund for efile I just purchased with my debit card? any info in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks! 

Yea I want a refund if I can’t efile if you find any information kindly let me know ! They need to update their information 

Point made !!

This is what an employee tax expert said in another thread.  It's ridiculous that the "expert" on this thread immediately posted to just mail it in instead of waiting to see if it's a bug within the program:

Yes, there is an issue and are working to resolve it quickly. The expected resolution is due tomorrow, February 7, 2020.   Please sign up at this link to be notified when it is resolved: Household Member SSN invalid in Michigan state review.

Thanks very much !!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Are you filing for the Michigan Home Heating Credit?

Please click the article below for more information about social security numbers for people filing for the Michigan Home Heating Credit.

Error: "Household Member SSN is Invalid" in Michigan state review

Check This Entry:

Household Member SSN is Invalid

Follow This Issue

We're expecting to resolve this issue on or around February 14.

If you would like to stay up to date on this issue you can sign up for email notifications here.

Mines doing the same. First it said Michigan didn't have the forms ready? Then notifies me they're ready to finish and keeps saying my sons SSN is wrong. Come on Michigan get it together!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies