Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Illinois return has been rejected 6 times but my federal return was accepted on first attempt. What's up with that?

The last rejection had this explanation:

What happened

IL1040-8000-2 - This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
IL1040-8600-2 - Please review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. All of the following Primary Taxpayer Drivers License signature fields must be exactly as shown on the Illinois Drivers License or State ID and must be valid on IDORs DLN production file, PrimarySignature, ILStateDLorID, DLOrStateIDNumber, DLOrStateIDFirstName, DLOrStateIDMiddleName, DLOrStateIDLastName, DLOrStateIDSuffix, and DLOrStateIDWeight.
IL1040-9900-2 - Please review and correct the Secondary taxpayer's signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Drivers License or State ID Number. (Note: The State ID or Driver License must be current and from IL.)
IL1040-10500-3 - This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue related to one or more of the methods used to validate the signature. If Form IL1040 'Filing Status' is equal to Married Filing Joint, all of the following Secondary Taxpayer Driver's License signature fields must be entered exactly as shown on the Illinois Drivers License or State ID. Enter each field exactly as it is on your IL Drivers License or state ID: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Suffix (leave blank if necessary), and weight. You may not use an out-of-state or expired drivers license. If issues persist after making necessary corrections, you may need to print and mail your return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My Illinois return has been rejected 6 times but my federal return was accepted on first attempt. What's up with that?

Okay--there are a lot of possible reasons why your IL e-file is being rejected--we cannot tell from that long list which of the reasons applies to you.  IL is pretty touchy about the driver's license information etc. they will accept for e-filing.  You must have a current IL license-- if you have an expired or out of state license that will not work.   But you could just give it up and print, sign, and mail your IL return and be done fighting the e-file process with IL.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Well, there is no problem with our DL numbers. Everything on the submission form was perfect.  So is TurboTax going to refund my $50 fee that I paid to eFile since their software platform didn't work?  I was unable to file my return electronically which is what I was paying for.  I can go to the https://mytax.illinois.gov/_/site and file it for FREE but TurboTax has the nerve to charge me $50 for something that doesn't work!

Are you using the Online version?  Sorry, the fee is to prepare the return whether you efile or print and mail.

Contact Customer Service
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies