Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

relsberry

MO Health Insurance Deduction

I have entered information from my 1095-A and am taking the health insurance premiums that I am paying as a self employed health insurance deduction on the federal return.  I shouldn't also be allowed to take that deduction AGAIN on the Missouri return, however that is how the software is currently working.  Is there a way to get rid of that subtraction on Missouri?  Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Have you already gone completely through both the Missouri and US Returns? 

TurboTax will automatically take any portion of the health insurance deduction that doesn't end up as deductible on your Federal return (because of income, or other limitations) and they will automatically be transferred to the Missouri return.  

So you will be deducting the same Premiums, but only the portion on the Missouri return for which you did not receive any benefit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
etlkkl
Returning Member

I agree with Relsberry, and have the same situation.  TT automatically included the 1095-A health insurance premium as a qualified health insurance premium deduction.  This premium has already been deducted in the Federal adjusted gross that is entered on MO-1040 line 1Y -- then it is included again in the Total subtractions on line MO-1040 line 4Y.  Is this correct?  Why does Turbo automatically make the entry on Form 5695 Line 6Y? The deduction is not limited for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies