Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MD Amendment for Unemployment

The forms have been added by Comptroller of MD are they updated now in turbotax? As of yesterday it was not on my end.

I checked this morning that would be that there not ready yet, either on the MD side or the Turbo side it makes no difference it just not available yet. When you log on to Turbo it should auto upgrade so when it upgrades you will know

To @OldRcck19 and others who continue to say that Maryland doesn't have the 502LU form ready yet...that is blatantly false.

Here is the link to the form... https://marylandtaxes.gov/forms/20_forms/502LU.pdf ...the form was posted to the Maryland website and is available in MANY online tax companies as of April 15th.

TurboTax seems to be the only major online or software company at this point that has not updated their system for whatever reason. The 502LU form is even integrated into Maryland's FREE iFile tax filing system. So there is no excuse for TurboTax to not have acted by now. By their own admission in this thread, TT saw and was trained on the new Maryland form about A MONTH AGO and still sit on their hands and do nothing!

Well now everybody knows where the liability for this problem lies, its on Turbo tax not good for customer service

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

UPDATED: April 21, 2021

Check your state below to see if you need to amend your state return to get the $10,200 of unemployment income benefits according to the American Rescue Plan.

If yours hasn’t been updated yet, check back next week. We’re working hard to incorporate all states’ changes into TurboTax.

Maryland (MD)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello it is not the 10,200 that is the problem that has already been updated it ,if you made over 10,200 you will have to file a 502LU to get additional money owed to you. It is beyond me why this has taken Turbo this long but I am in no hurry and will wait to file after TT gets it right. I do not at this time want to hassle with and amendment.  Maryland extended it deadline till July mostly all other states went with the federal deadline and that means TT can get to MD last if need be. Well I feel they needed to hence the delay..MD is the cows tail on this one. Best wishes  

Hey oldrck, I believe the updates are now complete. My refund was $104 from state for the past 5 weeks i checked, today went into turbotax and it says $2250, unemployment compensation was subtracted and new EITC with itin filers has been updated (I usually cant claim because my wife has ITIN, but i was able to claim the EITC today, so i already went ahead and filed. I belive MD has been updated and is working properly. just an FYI

Hey hello, yes just did mine too... all is fine in TT world now! Thanks for the update enjoy your refund.. I know I am

J_Ro
Level 2

it's not clear to me, as when i click on MD state (Do i need to amend my return?) it says "Yes. Maryland recommends amending your return to claim the $10,200 unemployment adjustment. Sign in to TurboTax to file Form 502X, Maryland Amended Tax."

so question is:  does this include returns with the form 502LU already filed or only the ones that don't have this form already?  i just filed this morning and missed this post so i logged in to find form 502X but see no way of accessing.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@J_Ro The 502LU contains the subtraction for the unemployment on line 4. If you filed an amended return for MD this morning, it would contain the 502LU. You should see it listed as one of the forms when you go to view/print.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It only has the update for the 10,200 unemploynent subtraction for maryland but state of maryland has a unemployment tax repeal and turbo tax still says that all state forms haven't been updated to wait to file so information on here is misleading.Anyone know if turbo tax has updated and added the 502lu to system.

TT has finished everything as of yesterday ,all ready did mine worked out fine .  If you filed before yesterday you will more than likely have to do an amendment but anytime after yesterday should be fine. Good luck

I just looked at my completed return and the form 502lu is attached. They automatically deduct 10200 and put the remainder in there. I tries to upload pixture but it's too large apparently sorry

502lu is available. click amend, click tools ->print-> include state form

Was this done automatically?  or you had to do it yourself? I was able to download the form but since I am not an expert I am a bit confused as of how to fill it out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies