Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MD Amendment for Unemployment

It automatically fill 

And the forms need to be mail in, right?

Not sure about the mail in part.mine let me e file but I never filed initially so my taxes don't have to be amended or anything.its a new tax return.but waiting to see if maryland accepts or rejects it but federal got accepted but waiting to see what maryland does.But mine let me efile it so far.

@geoman82 Yes, Maryland 502X (amended taxes) MUST be printed, hand-signed and mailed in to the Comptroller's Office - Revenue Admin. Division.

If you print your amended return on TT, you will see the option to "print all tax return, government and TurboTax forms" (I don't remember the exact wording but this is close), choose that option (should be the bottom of the 3)...that will give you the address to use, instructions on what to do before you mail in your amended return, etc.

I just did this myself today so I can confirm the new 502LU form, etc. is included and this will get you everything you need to get the UI tax refund in Maryland.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You need to mail the 502LU with the 502X. You will need to sign the 502X and you want to mail with some sort of tracking to be sure your information arrived safely.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do we need to  include a copy of the fed amended return?  I been going back/forth with comptrollers office via email...the prob is that MD wants u to amend the Fed b/c it's a start point for their amended, but the IRS doesn't want u to amend the Fed b/c they dont wanna deal with extra returns to process.  At least turbotax creates the amended Fed return.  I mailed my state w/o the amended fed and hand wrote the fact that I did not amend the fed and submit.  I'm not gonna amend my Fed and submit b/c the ttax rep believes the IRS is gonna refund around mid may and I don't wanna blow that up.

PS I also think maybe ttax is gonna create a way to efile and amended maryland....if that happens, in fact i may submit that even tho i just mailed and amended, just to get my refund quicker

PSS Lastly the instructions for MD amended is inconsistent with how to address mailed return....i did the one that says to write Amended Return Unit on it.

drwyman27

Form 502LU has disappeared from TurboTax!  At the beginning of April, TT added it.  I had logged in (desktop version) and saw it and everything was wonderful.  Unfortunately, I did not print out my return at that time.  Now, when I go in, the form is no longer there and my Maryland State tax owed has increased significantly.  When I called TT, they told me the form is not available but will be around mid-May.  Not sure I trust what I was told.  Does anyone else have any info on this?  Thanks

Form 502LU still appears in my desktop version(Deluxe) and my refund amount is still correct. There was a MD state update dated today. Not sure what the update included.

Same here filed my taxes a couple of weeks ago after the update. My 502lu is still here in my Home Business  TT 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever figure this out? My amendment doesn't include the 502LU either...

pgingell

how do I file for maryland amendment for unemployment. i already automatically recieved the fed, when i open to amend it automatically goes to the federal

enossue92

i never recieved my refund from paying taxes on unemployment in 2019  i had a direct deposit set up and i had to shut the account done  my name is susan l enos   my new address is [PII Removed]   my ss [removed]

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Unemployment was taxable in 2019 on the federal level, as well as in Maryland.

In 2020, there were provisions to exclude from income up to $10,200 of unemployment at the federal level if your modified adjusted gross income was less than $150,000.

For the tax years 2020 and 2021, Maryland enacted a law stating that unemployment will not be taxed if received by an individual earning less than $75,000, and couples filing jointly or individual heads of households earning less than $100,000. 

Relief Act of 2021

@enossue92

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies