turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

velle092

It's asking for a document number from my state Id where is it located?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

Are you a NY resident?

This tends to come up with New York driver's licenses, so I am going answer assuming you are in New York.  The document number is an 8 or 10 digit alphanumeric number found either on the back of the license or lower right hand corner (depending on the year of your license).   It is not the same as the drivers license number.  I have included a link to the NY authority that displays images below.

**Some licenses depending on issue date don't have these document numbers on them.  Review the link above, but if you do not have a document number, then you can continue without actually entering any of the license information (leave it all blank, not just the document number).  Your return will still be processed without it as the IRS does not require the license number and neither does NY, but they are asking for it more of an identity protection measure (some states like Alabama and Illinois are requiring it).

My state i.d number

@Eddiep77e  

You have added on to someone else's thread.  We have no idea which state you are asking about, so how can anyone tell you where to look for your ID number?  What state are you asking about?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
1ww1

My license 

1ww1

Utha

1ww1

Utah 

I googled images of Utah drivers licenses and the license number appears to be on the top just to the right of your photo.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I lost my Texas ID and I need the ID number and I was trying to see could you find my ID number for me or show me how to register online to get it

@Lilbreezy31 

No we do cannot tell you how to replace your TX state ID nor can we find your number for you.  

You are not required to enter a drivers license or state ID in order to e-file your federal return.  It adds another layer of security for you, but you can skip it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies